Use Your VA Benefits to Train for Truck Driving or Heavy Equipment Operation
Considering using your GI Bill VA benefits to become a truck driver or heavy equipment operator?
National Training, Inc. is approved for Veterans training by the state approving agency of Florida. We are the only truck driving school in the country with a 350-acre custom designed training complex, including a private 1 ¼-mile highway designed specifically to teach our students how to safely drive semi tractor-trailers.
Important Notes about Using Your VA Benefits
Each service member on active duty should check in with his or her education office to discuss options for using their VA benefits for our programs. If you are preparing to discharge from the military, you might want to speak with a transition specialist, if one is available where you are stationed.
Before we will be able to enroll you into one of our programs, there are several steps to follow with the VA to apply for your GI Bill benefits. Some of these are outlined here, but for complete details on the process, visit http://www.benefits.va.gov/gibill/.
VA PAYMENT COMPLIANCE
In accordance with Title 38 US Code 3679 subsection (e), this school adopts the following additional provisions
For any students using U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) Post 9/11 G.I. Bill® (Ch. 33) or Vocational
Rehabilitation & Employment (Ch. 31) benefits, while payment to the institution is pending from the VA.
This school will not:
• Prevent the student’s enrollment
• Assess a late penalty fee to the student
• Require the student to secure alternative or additional funding
• Deny the student access to any resources (access to classes, libraries, or other institutional facilities)
available to other students who have satisfied their tuition and fee bills to the institution
However, to qualify for this provision, such students may be required to:
• Produce the VA Certificate of Eligibility (COE) by the first day of class
• Provide a written request to be certified
• Provide additional information needed to properly certify the enrollment as described in other institutional
Have questions about our programs or how to use your VA benefits to train with us? Contact our Military Education Specialists at (800) 488-7364.
Details on National Training Courses for VA Benefits
||Total Clock Hours