CDL Truck Driver Training for Military Service Members and Veterans

If you are eligible for military GI Bill® benefits or have a spouse looking for training, think about learning to drive a truck or operate heavy equipment. When you separate from the military and enter civilian life, you’ll have an employable skill that is in high demand!

Gain a CDL and the Skills for a New Career with High Demand

There are over 1.7 million heavy truck driving jobs in the U.S., including more than 200,000 open jobs waiting for qualified CDL drivers. Trucking firms are always looking to hire well-trained drivers. In the construction field, qualified heavy equipment operators are valued and hard to find – another great career to get into. If you like the idea of traveling the open road or working in the construction field, take a look at the great training courses we offer that allow you to do that.

Military Veteran CDL Training
CDL Training for Veterans

For service members nearing their separation date, knowing that they are trained in a field that has a high demand for their skills must be very gratifying. But there’s no need to wait until then! You can get started right away in our courses and be ready to finish up within a month or two after you’re discharged. Don’t wait until the last minute. The earlier you prepare, the better off you will be. Even if you have a year or more remaining, it doesn’t matter – getting your CDL or heavy-equipment operators license now will give you the security of knowing you have control of your future – and that when you’ve separated, you are prepared with a job plan.

National Training has been providing veterans with CDL truck driver training for many years, allowing them to enter a new civilian career.

National Training Graduate and Marine Corp veteran Anthony Montagner

National Training, Inc.,  has been an active participant in the various military programs available to service members and veterans for many years.

Our programs are approved by DANTES to be offered to service members and by the Veterans Administration to accept tuition benefits under the various GI Bill® programs. We also participate in the MyCAA program for military spouses, allowing them to gain employable skills through our training programs at little or no cost to them.

To learn more about how you can enroll with National Training under one of these programs, click on the links below or call one of our Military Education Specialists at (800) 488-7364.


GI Bill® is a registered trademark of the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA). More information about education benefits offered by VA is available at the official U.S. government Web site at