FAQ for National Truck Driving School Archives | National Truck Driving School

Do you have any financial assistance plans available?

Some of the school’s best graduates were people who had limited financial means. NTDS offers convenient student loans. In many instances, we can direct our graduates to trucking companies that will actually reimburse your tuition costs.

Read More

How long is your course?

Depending on your qualifications and school acceptability, NTDS can have you road-ready and interviewing for jobs in as little as 4 weeks.  We have also designed two of our courses so you don’t have to quit your present job to start them!

Read More

How much do truck drivers earn?

According to the latest statistics available from the BLS, the average trucker salary was $38,200 annually, as of May, 2012.* *Bureau of Labor Statistics, U.S. Department of Labor, Occupational Outlook Handbook, 2014-15 Edition, Heavy and Tractor-trailer Truck Drivers, on the Internet at http://www.bls.gov/ooh/transportation-and-material-moving/heavy-and-tractor-trailer-truck-drivers.htm

Read More

I’ve always heard you must have one or two years of experience to be hired in the truck driving industry. Is that right?

No, this is not true. While many trucking companies do not like to hire complete novices, most of them are eager to hire graduates of an accredited, established truck-driving school like National Training.  We have immediate openings with many of the top companies in the country, such as Central Refrigerated Service Inc., JBS Transport, ComCar Industries, Covenant Transport, USA Truck, US Xpress, Werner Enterprises, Wil-Trans, and...

Read More

What are the qualifications needed for truck drivers?

To operate in interstate commerce, a driver must be at least 21 years of age, pass a rigid physical examination every two years, and submit to testing for drug and alcohol use, including unannounced random testing. Drivers of all trucks with gross-weight ratings of more than 26,000 pounds and drivers of vehicles carrying any quantity of hazardous materials that are required to display warning signs, must obtain a “Commercial Driver’s...

Read More